Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 8 beautiful Jumbo morels
- 250 g of ground meat (150 g of veal and 100 g of chicken , for example)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- salt and pepper
- 1 shallot
- 50g of butter
- 1 dl of yellow wine or petite Arvine
- 1 small clove of garlic - 2.5 dl of whole cream
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
1) Soak the morels in cold water for about 12 hours (at least 6 hours). Strain well. Filter 1/2 liter of the soaking juice through a fine colander and store.
2) Prepare the stuffing: cut the meats into small pieces and put in a blender. Add the eggs, chopped chives, chopped shallot. Add pepper and salt (2 good pinches). Blend until you get a smooth dough.
3) Fill a pastry bag with the stuffing. Gently stuff the morels. Attention, do not stuff to the very top, leave a little space. Close with a toothpick (this will remind you of your sewing class). Arrange on a plate. If you made them in advance, keep them in the refrigerator.
4) Peel the clove of garlic and finely chop. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the morels and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the morel soaking juice and the wine. Leave to reduce for 3 to 4 minutes then cover. Leave to cook in this way over medium-low heat for about twenty minutes. Meanwhile, chop the parsley. 5) After 20 minutes, add the cream. Add pepper and salt a little. Cook for another 5 minutes, uncovered, until the sauce thickens. Add the parsley. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
6) Serve the morels very hot, after removing the toothpicks, with a small puff pastry, for example.